Set sail aboard the beautiful 32 metre sailing catamaran, Ocean Spirit, to experience Michaelmas Cay's unique reef environment - a pristine sand cay surrounded by fringing reef and a protected sanctuary for migratory seabirds. Your cruise will combine motor and sailing, depending on the day's conditions.
Be active and enjoy all the included activities - snorkel in the cay's protected shallow waters, cruise in the semi-sub for a diver's view of the reef, watch the fish feeding presentation and observe the island bird life. Throughout the day, the "beach buggy shuttle" will transfer you between Ocean Spirit and the beach. To protect this renowned bird sanctuary, access on the cay is limited to the roped beach area. If you prefer a more leisurely day on the Great Barrier Reef, relax on the beach or on board Ocean Spirit's spacious decks. The choice is yours!
- Return cruise to the Barrier Reef on luxury sailing vessel
- Morning & Afternoon Tea refreshments
- Superb hot & cold buffet with Seafood freshly prepared on board
- Snorkelling demonstrations & tuition
- Free use of all snorkelling equipment
- Free use of flotation vests
- Informative ecological presentations by qualified Marine Biologists
- Informative tours on our air-conditioned semi-submersible
- Guided nature tours of the island & bird sanctuary